- Notice should be provided when information is collected via RFID and linked with personal information.
- Choice concerning the removal/destruction of an RFID tag.
- Choice and consent of linked information use(s).
- Information collected by other organizations should incorporate, at minimum, the level of protection of the primary organization.
- Users should have access to personal information on an RFID tag.
- Companies should try to secure RFID tags.
Sunday, July 02, 2006
Best Practices for RFID
The Center for Democracy and Technology has posted an interim draft of "CDT Working Group on RFID: Privacy Best Practices for Deployment of RFID Technology." These guidelines are being developed to address privacy concerns. The best practices currently include: