- 27% of Internet users use RSS, but don't know it (personalized start pages like My Yahoo!).
- My Yahoo! has the highest awareness and use of any RSS-enabled product.
- Internet users that are aware that they use RSS subscribe to an average of 6.6 feeds.
- Internet users that are aware that they use RSS spend an average of 4.1 hours per week reading their feeds.
- Of the 62% of Internet users, only 38% have actually clicked on the XML button.
- Of all of the Internet users that have clicked on the XML button, 27% copied the URL into their RSS reader, 26% clicked on another button to copy the URL into their RSS reader, 26% left the site, 5% copied the code into their RSS reader, and 22% aren't sure what they did.
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
XML Button for Subscribing to RSS Feeds
Yahoo! and Ipsos Insight have authored a white paper on RSS. Some interesting findings in this study: