- MapIt allows you to search MapQuest from a right-click (context-sensitive) menu instead of going to www.mapquest.com.
- Google Preview allows you to see a small graphic of the home page for each Google search result.
- GoogleBar is the same at the Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer. You can search Google from within Firefox.
- DictionarySearch allows you to right-click on a word within a web page, choose "define," and see the definition from www.dictionary.com.
- Bandwidth Tester calculates how quickly data is downloading to your computer.
Thursday, February 03, 2005
If you are using Firefox as your primary - or secondary - browser, you may want to check out some of the extensions available. Firefox was created to be a simple, stripped-down browser as opposed to either Netscape or Internet Explorer. After having used the other browsers, there may be functions that you miss when you use Firefox. That's where extensions come in. Think of them as . . . accessories. Each extension does something very specific. For example: